- Never walk close to the front or sides of the bus. The bus driver may not be able to see you.
- When crossing the street to get onto the bus, always look left, then right, then left again.
- If you drop something near the bus, don't pick it up until you tell the bus driver. Otherwise, they may not see you.
- Wait until the bus stops, the door opens and the driver says it's okay to board before stepping onto the bus.
- Never speak to strangers at the bus stop and never get into the car with a stranger.
- Always go straight home and tell you parents if a stranger tries to talk to you or pick you up.
- Yellow flashing lights on the bus indicate the bus is getting ready to stop and load or unload. Slow down and get ready to stop.
- Red flashing lights and a stop signal arm indicate that the bus has stopped and that children are getting on or off. You must stop your vehicle at least 10 feet before reaching the school bus. You may not proceed until the flashing red signal lights are no long activated.
- You can be fined $250 for each violation when improperly meeting or overtaking a school bus. Additionally, a conviction will result in a 60-day driver's license suspension and assessment of 5 points on the operator's driving record.
- Please obey all posted speed limits; especially in school zones, where the penalties for speeding are enhanced.